Your Next Step
Throughout the year, UCIS provides students with a wide variety of workshops, events and other resources to help them define their career paths, prepare them for the job market and maximize their career opportunities. UCIS supports students with job-search strategies, networking and skill development and aims to provide them with a better understanding of the various sectors available to students studying in the international field. Our UCIS Student Board plays a vital role in organizing these events.
Please have a look at our agenda for the upcoming events!
The opportunities are boundless! Utrecht University graduates, who had an international focus in their studies, currently hold positions within government ministries, the United Nations, international courts and tribunals, multinational firms and corporations, as well as international universities or research institutes. UCIS helps to facilitate relationships with these alumni in order to extend the Utrecht University community beyond the classroom and to assist students with their career and professional development.
UCIS tries to maximize the career opportunities for our students by providing application tips, skills trainings, a career service and internships.
Internships in the spotlight
We add new internships regularly, so please check our Facebook for the latest internship opportunities. Below you’ll find regular internship opportunities.
Economy, trade and development
- AfDB (African Development Bank)
- AsDB (Asian Development Bank)
- EBRD (European Bank Reconstruction Development)
- ECLAC (United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean)
- EPO (European Patent Office)
- ESCAP (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for the Asian Pacific)
- ESCWA (Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia)
- IFC (International Finance Corporation)
- IMF (International Monetary Fund)
- ITC (International Trade Centre)
- UN (United Nations)
- UNCDF (United Nations Capital Development Fund)
- UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development)
- UNDESA (United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs)
- UNDP (United Nations Development Programme)
- (UN)ECA (United Nations Economic Commission for Africa)
- (UN)ECE (United Nations Economic Commission for Europe)
- UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organization)
- World Bank
- WTO (World Trade Organization)
International courts and tribunals
- International Court of Justice
- International Criminal Court
- International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia
- Permanent Court of Arbitration
- Special Tribunal for Lebanon
- International Bar Association’s International Criminal Court Programme
Peace and security
Will you soon be looking for the right job? Your chances of finding it will be much improved by good preparation. Why not start with a career check? It creates an action plan and offers advice on what to do during your studies: reflect, explore, connect & get skilled.
We want to offer tailored advice for every student, therefore the information about Career Services differs per programme. You can check out the Career Services for your Master’s programme here.